This is part of my Steam Challenge Series (the full list is here).
- Romance is possible but not mandatory.
- You always play as a young woman, but your romance options are limitless – you can hook up with boys, girls, or other.
- There is a lesson that teaches you gender-neutral terms for talking to or about other entities (including humans).
- There is a lesson that hammers home the concept of enthusiastic consent in personal relationships.
- The educational philosophy of the school is one that every school should have.
- So many hints at plot points that may or may not be explorable – makes the replay value very high!
Highly recommended! Especially if you like Long Live the Queen, this game was made by the same studio and, from what I’ve seen on the LLtQ store page, Magical Diary will be familiar in mechanics and presentation.